I’m delayed in posting this but I have been busy with lots of good things ….. and more good things to come.
Join the fun and post your resolutions by adding a link to the bottom of the page.
In 2012, I will …….
- have 500 or more email subscribers to Three 31
- drink more water
- continue book club We didn’t meet in July because of 4th festivities, but we’re still going strong and preparing for August
- eat vegetarian (no meat) one day a week
- read at least 30 books + 12 with book club Definitely on track to surpass this goal.
- purchase an e-reader Husband purchased me a Kindle Touch for Valentine’s Day
- participate in 52 Letters, 52 Weeks This is going NOT well, except for the numerous thank-you notes I’ve sent to mission trip donors
- purchase really nice stationery set and writing pens
- make 10 new friends This is definitely happening … check out my blog button swap friends!
- do laundry more often (instead of letting it stack up and doing multiple loads)
- feel comfortable pulling a trailer I drove the church’s van pulling a 14-foot trailer
- go to a drive-in movie
- purchase an external hard-drive and organize our digital photos
- participate in photography classes Invited by Brandy @ BellaPop to participate in her first online photography class.
- learn to edit photos in Adobe Photoshop
- take a photo worthy of hanging on a wall
- purchase a tripod, lens filters, and a 50mm lens
- take pictures for someone
- mission trip to Haiti
- mission trip to Appalachia Region in Kentucky Went to the Henderson Settlement in Frakes, Kentucky (March 10-17, 2012) on a mission trip. Click HERE for details.
- do/create something inspired by Pinterest every month In January, I made this. In February, I learned to do this – YUM! In March, I wrote an article for a friend who’s incorporating Pinterest into her ministry … stay tuned for details. In April, I made paint chip coasters. In May, I tried two new recipes: rattlesnake bites and layered cupcakes. FAILED in June.
- see a performance at Bass Hall in Fort Worth
- write at least one freelance article
- be published somewhere (other than my blog) My DIY wreath was published at Craftgawker.com on January 23. An article I wrote about the KY Mission Team was published on March 27 in The Sebree Banner (a newspaper in KY). In April, my name was printed TWICE in The Joshua Star newspaper for articles and photographs I submitted for publication – both were church-related activities.
- get new eyeglass frames I went to the eye doctor and got new contacts on January 16.
- host a Game Night
- celebrate our 5th anniversary by doing something ( anything! ) I wrote this blog post for our anniversary on March 31
- sell something at auction
- buy something at auction
- attend a professional athletic event
- improve my calligraphy skills
- support the United States Postal Service by mailing more cards (see 52 Letters, 52 Weeks)
- go hunting
- go fishing
- swim in an ocean
- host at least three (3) sponsored giveaways Vicki at Curly Willow Collections provided this collection of custom greeting cards (giveaway ended March 25 – congrats to Jan Elmore) and Brandy at Bella Pop provided a “seat” at one an online photography class (giveaway ended March 31 – congrats Diane Collins).
- get a new couch New furniture arrived in January.
- finish the headboard for guest bedroom (use an old window frame, then sand, paint, and attach to wall)
- host at least three (3) dinner parties
- co-chair Lord’s Acre (a fundraiser at church)
- plan a DIY craft party I hosted a DIY party at my church on January 21 and April 28 and June 16
- tithe more
- save more
- eat a raw oyster (and not die) I ate a raw oyster Thursday, May 17 with friends at Razzoo’s in Fort Worth. They were delicious!
- eat a Rocky Mountain Oyster (and not die)
- volunteer with Habitat for Humanity I did a Great Day of Service
- babysit for a friend
- make a new resolution every month (see below)
January — no soft drinks SUCCESS!!!!!
February — journal every night I wrote in my journal 24 of 29 days in February, I’d call that “somewhat” successful.and drink only water during the day EPIC FAILURE – ’nuff said. Blah.
March — post to my blog at least four (4) days per week Somewhat successful, but remember: I posted multiple times during the trip to KY for the mission team’s blog. That counts for something, right?! and prepare a story board for the novel I want to write I purchased a tri-fold board and package of 200 small Post-It notes to begin my novel’s storyboard. I have also began typing a manuscript, I have 15,000 words already. I think that constitutes opening a bottle of Cupcake Moscato and toasting with a big wah-hooo!!!!!!!
April — schedule a trip to Kentucky (Derby anyone?) and detail my car Kentucky is confirmed for August (family reunion and 10-year high school reunion) but I really want to go sooner. Car detailing: an epic failure!
May — complete a photo challenge I’m crying WOLF on this photo challenge. I think I took a total of a dozen “themed” shots. What a failure. However, in my pathetic defense, I don’t have a cell phone that takes pictures and I don’t take my Nikon camera with me everywhere, thus the extreme challenge of a daily photo challenge.
June — attend Annual Conference, register for my high school reunion, and take a trip with Husband I successfully completed all THREE of these … went to annual conference, registered for my high school reunion, and spent a week in Washington DC at Mt. Vernon, the National Mall, and ate dim sum.
July — read two books that I’d never choose for myself, write another 20,000 words in my novel, go to Kentucky
August — attend my 10-year high school reunion in Kentucky *AND* find a job
Do you have any resolutions this year? Share your blog post or add a comment below.