Weight on July 31, 2015 // 259
Last week’s wins:
- Got to the gym three days.
- I lifted Thursday and you know you’re a bada$$ when you break a resistance band in two. SNAP!
Last week’s struggles:
- Hip is still sore.
- Skipped going to the gym Tuesday, which means I didn’t ride the bike (indoor cycle) at all.
- And I gained a pound. Awesome. Obviously, the au-gratin potatoes and chicken parmesan were not the best choices for the dinner menu this week.
Goals for the week ahead:
- Exercise five days and rest Wednesday and Sunday
- Strength train at least twice
- Increase water consumption
- Go to bed by 11:30 every night
5K Practice Results:
- Monday, July 27 – 49:00
- Friday, July 31 – 47:35
I’m actually impressed with my 5K progress thus far. This week, I increased my brisk walk speed to 3.5mph and jogged up at 5mph. Obviously, using an electronic treadmill makes this process much easier but I need to learn my pace habits before going outside on pavement. I also have my eye on a 5K event in Fort Worth on September 26. That’s both exciting and terrifying.